PERSONAL LINES ACCOUNT MANAGER
Category: Administrative / Sales
Location: Oxford, Michigan
Status: Full Time
Training: Web Training, Hands-On Training, and Off-Site Classroom Training
Role and Responsibilities:
The Personal Lines Account Manager is a key element to Community Insurance Center’s Personal Lines Department. This position is a representation of the agency to our clients in person, over the phone, and via technology. The job assists in the production of new accounts and the retention and growth of existing accounts. The account manager must provide prompt, professional, efficient, high-quality service to customers. The account manager is responsible for assisting customers in a smooth and efficient manner while adhering to all protocols in line with our organization goals, strategy, and values.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Gather information for claims, changes, renewals, new business, and other service functions.
- Complete applications, binders, endorsements, and evidence of property within 1 business day of request.
- Process and monitor claims. Submit claims to carriers same day received.
- Maintain a concern for timeliness and completeness when interacting with customers, agency and company personnel to minimize potential for errors.
- Deal with queries or requests from the customers and public regarding personal accounts via phone, walk-ins, email, or fax. Handle all customer interaction in a professional manner.
- Process applications, claims, endorsements, and quotes, via carrier websites, rating software, and/or written applications per company guidelines for purpose of changes, quoting, renewal, and rewrites.
- Secure and submit required information per underwriters and producers requests.
- Regularly review and update client exposure information, obtain any additional needed information from insured or producer, and process applications, changes, or respond to underwriting requests as needed.
- Assist sales producers as needed.
- Data entry, payment processing, and mail/email/fax processing for personal lines accounts as determined by management.
- Monitor existing accounts and determine if additional lines of business should be solicited and do so by mail, phone call, or email.
- Process cancellation notices and/or request cancellations, and determine action to be taken.
- Cross-sell and solicit expiration dates for lines of business not handled by agency.
- Up-sell and recommend increase in limits/coverages or round out accounts through regular contacts with clients.
- Document all material conversations and actions with insureds and carriers, based on agency guidelines.