Primarily responsible for providing customer service to agencies and policyholders related to underwriting rules, procedures and regulations, policy, and audit information. Reviews & approves/declines endorsement requests and responds to bureau criticisms to maintain policies and stay in compliance with Accident Fund's and bureau rules and regulations. Verifies coverage for current policy and/or additional named insureds/DBA's/locations. Completion of experience rating promulgations or Loss Pricing & Projection Model. Mentors PPRs & CBR's with basic questions and policy information. Contacts include state rating bureaus, ServiceCenter staff, Business Development Consultants, Business Development Managers, Corporate Underwriting, Finance Department, Claims Department, agents, and policyholders.
- Respond to basic and complex policy inquiries and provide direct customer service to Agents by assisting with interpretation and understanding of rating algorithms, the policy contract, workers compensation laws, Experience Rating calculations, Anniversary Rating Dates and how the various state factors/rules work together on the same policy.
- Analyze Agent requests, research multiple state manuals and laws to advise and/or coordinate the appropriate coverage/changes needed for a given exposure and obtain required documentation.
- Review and approve/decline endorsement requests that include, but are not limited to adding/removing a new state/name/entity/location, changes in ownership, payroll, class codes, credits, Waivers of Subrogation, Wrap-up/OCIP/CCIP, Alternate Employer, Federal/Risk IDs, Officers, payment plans, and policy cancellation.
- As related to the above endorsement requests or audit findings, identifies impacts to exposure that may change desirability of risk.
- Analyzes policy structure, endorsements, and amendments as well as research State & Rating Bureau web sites to verify coverage for an entity or location for internal departments.
- Provide basic technical support to agents with their online tools.
- Coordinate problem resolution and respond to customer complaints, errors, and service issues.
- Make appropriate decisions based on interpretation of policies and procedures.
- Investigate and determine appropriate response to Bureau, NCCI, internal and external audit inquiries.
- Research and analyze history of policyholder (i.e. financial, safety, loss experience, & payrolls) for multiple operating units.
- Analyze past losses and payroll data to determine variances of a modification factor or enter into a database for calculation of an updated factor or Loss Pricing & Projection.
- Compose written correspondence, as needed, with internal and external customers.
- Train and mentor Policy Processing Representatives.
- Reviews audit findings to determine if retroactive or current changes need to be made to policy and coordinate with agent to obtain necessary documentation in order to proceed.
- Correct policy structures or cancels coverage based on audit findings in order to stay in compliance with Accident Fund's and/or bureau rules and regulations.